Keto Health Diet – So how often have you heard that someone is on a Keto Diet but you have no idea what that means ?
Don’t feel alone as I was in the same boat as you with all the crazy diets out there.
In simplest terms and to hit the true essence of a Keto Health Diet, it allows you to eat just about everything except Carbohydrates(Carbs).
So in a nut shell these 11 foods you ARE allowed to eat:In moderation of course !
1. Meats (Steak, Chicken, Ham)
4. Dairy Products (Milk, Cheese, Yogurt, Cream)
7. Nuts (Pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, walnuts, almonds, pistachios)
8. Healthy Oils (Extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil)
10. Spices (Pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic)
11. Veggies (Peppers, Tomatoes, Celery)
weight loss process
“Limit your daily Carbs to no more than 19 !“If you are eating more than 19 carbs per day then you are doing lazy Keto whereby your body is less likely to enter the fat burning mode of Ketosis where significant amounts of fat are burned within your body
“What are Keytones?”Ketones are an alternate fuel the body uses when glucose is limited
Ketones are produced in the liver from the breakdown of fats.
Ketones form when there is not enough sugar to support the body
Avoid these 13 foods to remain Keto Friendly!
No means No ! :
1. Beans – No Chick Peas these are ridiculously high in Carbs !
4. Fruit Juice
6. Ice Cream
9. Any Sugar Free Diet Foods
12. Kidney Beans
“Wine is fine as there are approximately 3 carbs per glass; wine has so many health benefits alone that it certainly can fit within a keto diet of 19 carbs per day”Go ahead and enjoy yourself with some vino !
16 Benefits of the Keto Health Diet:
1. Ketogenic diets have many attributes and can have numerous benefits in the fight against cancer, epilepsy, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, polycystic ovary syndrome, heart disease
2. Ketogenic diets are capable of greatly reducing both blood sugar and insulin levels. Numerous health benefits become evident along with increased ketones in your body
3. Ketogenic diets do limit or come close to eliminating fruits since they have lots of sugars and carbohydrates
4. Exceptional weight loss has been documented in over 25+ studies
5. Ketones in the liver are known to supply energy for the brain
6. Although the Keto Health Diet forces one to consume a high fat diet, this in turn can be very beneficial for the body’s metabolism in burning the fat and ketones instead of carbohydrates
7. In one study individuals on a ketogenic diet lost 2.3x more weight than people on a calorie-reduced low fat diet. It is important to know that both Triglyceride and HDL cholesterol levels were improved at the same time period
8. A Keto Health Diet is superior to a low-fat diet because of the much enhanced intake of Protein which gives get energy to the body
9. Acne improvements across the board are evident due to lower insulin levels generated by consuming less sugar and processed foods
10. Brain injuries thru the result of concussions can be reduced along with an improved recovery time
11. Heart Disease – The Keto Health Diet can improve risk factors such as body fats, HDL / Cholesterol levels, blood pressure, blood sugar, etc..
12. Reduction in Appetite – Low Carb consumption results in lower appetite
13. Visceral fat reduction around your organs (Excess visceral fat is associated with inflammation)
14. HDL increases for good cholesterol
15. Triglycerides are greatly reduced
16. Lower Blood Pressure
I hope you have gained a simplified understanding of what exactly is a keto health diet.
Come back and enjoy more articles in the coming days !